El Corte Inglés receives a showcase project in Spain’s food and gastronomy sector and SAUTER can be a part of it. The department store chain has successfully asserted itself against its competitors, the premium chain Sánchez Romero and the organic supermarket company Ecoveritas. They were competing for the supermarket that will house the business area of Espacio Caleido – the fifth tower to be built in Madrid’s new banking district. The project is expected to be opened in 2020.
The supermarket will cover an area of 750 square metres over one floor in the northern part of the Espacio Caleido, and it is expected to open at the end of 2020. The project is not limited to a supermarket only: there are plans to create a food court with stands offering different types of food, intended to become a dining destination for the neighbourhood. This will create a new gastronomic meeting point for the region.
Espacio Caleido is 51%-owned by Inmobiliaria Espacio, part of the Villar Mir Group, with the remaining 49% owned by the Philippine company Megaword Corporation. The appeal of the centre’s shopping area will be both its foot traffic and its profile.
It is estimated that around 17,500 people visit Madrid’s Four Towers each day. The towers are home to companies such as Cepsa, PwC, KPMG, BAT, OHL, Mastercard and Agbar, as well as the Hotel Eurostars Madrid Tower and various embassies.
To this figure should be added a further 10,000 people who go to work or visit the nearby La Paz Hospital, and the 6500 people who are expected to pass each day through the Caleido Tower itself, which will house a branch of the IE Business School and a medical centre run by the Quirón Salud Group. This adds up to an estimated footfall of 34,000 people a day. SAUTER is participating in the project with the SAUTER Vision Center with modulo 5 and ecos504 controllers.
According to a study carried out by GfK for Inmobiliaria Espacio, Caleido will receive more than three million visitors a year. The uniqueness of the project and its location make Espacio Caleido a benchmark in the leisure sector in Madrid. As a result, there will be no reduction in the number of people visiting at weekends, although there will be fewer workers in the area.
The Caleido Project, shaped like an upside-down T, will include four spaces:
This latter space will cover an area of 13,000 square metres, of which around 40% will be dedicated to food and catering. In addition, it will include ten large cubes of between 170 and 320 square metres, where big name brands are expected to set up flagship stores. In total, the project envisages between 70 and 80 businesses on two floors, including a gym, a cinema, an events centre and a supermarket.
Finally, around 30,000 square metres of green space are planned. In total, this covers an area of 70,000 square metres involving an investment of 300 million euros.
As the leading provider of solutions for building automation technology in Green Buildings, SAUTER ensures good climate conditions and a sense of well-being in sustainable environments. SAUTER is a specialist in developing, producing and marketing products and systems for energy-efficient total solutions, and offers a comprehensive range of services to ensure the energy-optimised operation of buildings. Our products, solutions and services enable high energy efficiency throughout the entire life-cycle of a building – from planning and construction through to operation – in office and administrative buildings, research and educational facilities, hospitals, industrial buildings and laboratories, airports, leisure facilities, hotels and data centres. With over 100 years’ experience and a track record of technological expertise, SAUTER is a proven system integrator that stands for continuous innovation and Swiss quality. SAUTER provides users and operators with an overview of energy flows and consumption, and therefore of the development of the costs involved.
TLC TECHNICAL SERVICE TRADING COMPANY LIMITED219/8 Duong so 5 Khu pho 3, Binh Hung Hoa Ward Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Tel. +84 (0) 90 2540 929 long.nt(at)tl-controls(dot)com http://www.tl-controls.com/ Sauter Building Control International GmbH Hans-Bunte-Strasse 15 DE-79108 Freiburg i. Br. Tel. +49 761 510 54 05 Fax +49 761 510 54 20 ms.sbci(at)de.sauter-bc(dot)com www.sauter-controls.com